Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday Thoughts #1


"One thing a man gets out of marriage is a greatly exaggerated idea of how many things take care of themselves."


"Beware a relationship where the only thing you have in common is a low opinion of someone else."


"Madness is defined in different ways at different times, sanity being the ability to keep up with the changes."


"Politics is always about what to do when fairness is a non-starter."


"Every success you have in life is just something else for your mother to worry about."


Devil's lament:  "It's really hard to tempt someone when their cellphone keeps going off."


"One thing the internet has made possible is the application of mob psychology without having to assemble a mob."


"I've always taken responsibility for my actions.  It's my inaction that's somebody else's fault."


****


From my book, Round Up The Usual Subjects:

"As a general guideline, it's good to avoid actions that would be lying and cheating if somebody else did them,."


"There are times when two people need to put on the brave face they show to the world, and show it to each other."


"So often we don't know what we want, and we blame our unhappiness on someone who doesn't know, either."


~~ Robert Brault

6 comments:

  1. Rosemary B here:
    These are good ones.
    I am taking care of my 91 year olden parents now. Long story.
    mom stroke moved them to Va from The Soc Rep of Md
    adjusting. new docs daily involvement.
    whew I am tired.
    I do like your new blog very much. I liked your olden one too.
    I like your Profile pic too.
    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary, you've got to get Pierro and Miles to post more often. And Rosemary's Happy Place deserves at least one happy post, don't you think. Lena looks well in her last photo. One day at a time. Cheers, rb.

      Delete
  2. Grateful Robert, as always for the delicate way you string together ..."every success you have in life...the application of mob psychology without... somebody else's fault."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't know how you can be so prolific and come out with so many stunning quotes day after day, week after week.
    I like that you make a distinction between what is and isn't in your book.
    Have another creative and happy day, Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happyone, Raj, Ken, thanks for encouragement. Raj, it's good to hear from you again. I am much the wiser for reading your book. Ken, it's a whole lot easier to come up with a few words day after day than a 6x6. I wish you a creative day back.

    Smiles all,
    rb

    ReplyDelete