Saturday, June 7, 2014

People Aren't Ignoring You...


"People aren't ignoring you.  They are busy with their lives.  And the way to stop feeling ignored is to get busy with yours."


"I have never complained that my loved ones take me for granted, since that was my goal from the start."


"People are defined by the hardships they have faced or the hardships they have been spared, and you can always tell which."


"It is not a brotherhood if no one is brotherly.  It is not a sisterhood if no one is sisterly.  Is it a neighborhood, then, if no one is neighborly?"


UPDATE on my book, "Round Up The Usual Subjects -- Thoughts On Just About Everything"



~~ Robert Brault

3 comments:

  1. The part about no one being neighborly really speaks to me. I've talked about that with a friend recently. It seems that nowadays you don't even see your neighbors, let alone talk to them. They drive up, hit the garage door opener, drive into the garage, then hit the opener again. Whereas in years gone by you might talk to them while they open the garage door, even that option is gone nowadays. Neighborhoods are things of the past---I guess they are just subdivisions now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti,

    Your observation is all too true. There is something missing in your life when the person next door is a stranger. Personally, I don't ask that my neighbors be my friends, but it's important that we know each other by name, that we exchange greetings occasionally, and that we be there when the inevitable small favor is needed. It just makes life a little more pleasant.

    Smiles,
    rb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me try again -- those who have endured hardships and have come through them are definitely refined and changed. Truly, they seem to shine. I love this quote.

    ReplyDelete