Friday, November 27, 2015

A Holiday Reminder

A reminder that I have two book collections of stocking-stuffer size and price:  Round Up The Usual Subjects and The Second Collection.  You are cordially invited to browse.


From The Second Collection (Relationships):

"No matter how passionate the relationship, it is sustained in the end by its everyday courtesies."


"In every relationship there are situations you need to talk through -- and situations where you need to be through talking."


"Eventually you realize that nothing that benefits you and you alone benefits anyone."


"The way to make a good relationship better is to appreciate it just the way it is."


"Sometimes two people meet who have no illusions -- and discover they are ready for one."



From Round Up The Usual Subjects (Memories):

"There are memories I choose not to live with, but we hang out at the same bar."


"There are memories that will always make you lonesome but will never make you sad."


"The happiest memories are of moments that ended when they should have."


"I am grateful for all memories, so much of my life having escaped my attention altogether."


"Nostalgia is not so much the memory of happier days as of higher hopes."


~~ Robert Brault

5 comments:

  1. Just found out about your second book. Can't wait for it to arrive. Happy Holidays to you and yours, Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, it's always a brighter day when you show up at my door!

    Mary, thanks so much. And I certainly recommend that any fan here of contemporary (western) romance click on your name for a wonderful Christmas idea or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. Grateful for any and all memories at this point. Hope you and the family are making many! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, hi. I know that things have been difficult down your way, and I hope and pray for a brighter day on your behalf. I'm sure those grandkids of yours remain an ever-reliable source of good cheer and consolation.

    ReplyDelete