Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Blaming The Messenger


"I wonder, when we rail against God, if we are only blaming the messenger."



"I have found that when I leave behind my preconceived notions of people, I rarely go back for them."




"It is a rare person who talks to God and doesn't return with at least one new commandment."




"Happiness is an occasional brief glance into how simple it all can be."




"To put it in timely terms, life is day after day of it being too early to declare a winner."




"The great thing about being an outgoing person is that you meet outgoing strangers."




"If you wonder why older couples do not more often kiss and hug, you do not appreciate how intimate it is to just grow old together."




~~ Robert Brault

10 comments:

  1. I love the last quote.... so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, just a guess on my part. Joan and I kiss and hug hourly. (smile)

      Delete
  2. The fact that we feel like railing against Something/Someone doesn't prove that such a Being exists &/or if one does that we know what it is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, if indeed man created God, then God is indeed the messenger,

      Delete
  3. "If you wonder why old people do not more often kiss and hug, you do not appreciate how intimate it is to just grow old together." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much appreciated Robert ... the occasional brief glance into how simple it all can be! ... Simple things are often the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raj, I have also said, "A happy life is always complicated." A wise saying can always be made wiser by adding the words, "and vice-versa."

      Delete
  5. I so love your last thought -- I could never have put it into words but it's perfect. However - -Mark and I do hug and kiss too! But it's such a gift to be growing old with someone who knows the best and the worst of me and is still here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, you always say it every bit as well as I do."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Robert - I just realized I missed a post or maybe even two. These are all so great...and really make for some deep thinking...sometimes my poor old brain can't quite grasp them all :)

    ReplyDelete