Thursday, May 5, 2016

I Dreamed....

I dreamed that I was the last person on Earth, and I ran into two dogs deep in conversation, and one looked up and said, "Oh, forgive us, we thought you had all left."


"Me, I simply believe that no human being is going to get the last laugh.  I don't know that I would make a religion out of it, but many do."


"Life is a loan, and we are borrowers up to our eyeballs, and yet we debate whether there is a really a lender."


"You cannot always extend the network of your friends, but you can always extend the network of those you pray for."


"Shall I regret a dream that gave me so much hope for so long, merely because it never came true?"


~~ Robert Brault

7 comments:

  1. THANKS for the recent therapy, RB – I needed that!

    GLAD you’re on a roll again – especially re ideas for a third book of love stories and sunsets.

    NOT giving up on hopeful dreams - grand advice. Perhaps some have only been “on hold” to be granted and better appreciated in our “sunset years!”

    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June B, so great to hear from you again. And you're right about those sunset years -- even has the senses grow duller, appreciation grows keener.

      Delete
  2. I did not want to be the first one to post a comment again so I waited... ;)
    I am also grateful for the inspiration when I come to this spot to be inspired. I am thankful that I found this happy place.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, thanks. This place is always the happier for your presence -- and we don't mind a bit your being first to comment.

      Delete
  3. Your continued support ... to gently...extend the network of friends.. is warmly appreciated Robert. Many Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the idea of expanding the network of those you pray for. Truly, it can be anyone, can't it? Perfect. xo

    ReplyDelete