Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Touching Base

I have resumed work on my third book after an "extended" break of one day.  I've also discovered that a periodic post is probably required to keep this site on Google's priority search list.  Hence here is the first of what will be several strategically-placed posts over the course of the summer.

And while I'm here, a few new thoughts:



"When someone you know seems always defensive, what do you suppose you always seem like to them?"


"I suppose we could all live in our own private bubbles.  You could even place them side-by-side and call them neighborhoods"


"I don't defend my honor.  My honor is perfectly able to defend itself.  If I'm defending it, it's my pride."


"People who would never trespass on your property will trespass on your time, as if your time were not your property."


There are things you've done that come back to haunt you -- and things that haunt you that you're still doing."


"You can't talk sense to people who oppose it on principle."


~~ Robert Brault

11 comments:

  1. Boy, isn't that the truth? Neighborhoods used to be so different and now (at least mine, anyway) is more like the bubble you describe above. And I have nice neighbors, at least as far as I know (that's just what I've observed from my bubble, of course! Ha!). Always wonderful to see you here and can't wait to hear news about Book #3. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some real gems here…my favorites are the ones about talking sense to those who oppose it on principle, defending honor, and trespassing. You haven't lost your touch, my friend.

    Great to see you posting again, and I thank you most kindly for the wonderful books you sent. My family and friends are benefiting from your wisdom and wit, as I leave them on the coffee table for all to enjoy.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all. Jan, that pretty much describes my neighborhood as well -- nice folks who value their privacy.

    Sue, can't tell you how much it pleases me to picture those books on your coffee table. They might serve pretty well as coasters, come to think of it. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robert! So glad you decided to keep on posting. I promise to check here more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing just fine, Becky. No promise required.

      Delete
  5. You have some tremendous knack for coming up with pithy, insightful and clever maxims to live by.

    I will definitely be buying your third book, and probably an extra copy or two for friends.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen, thanks -- but in the interest of full disclosure, I must tell you that we differ politically about as much as two people can.

      Delete
    2. I don't know what you're basing that on, but I describe myself solely as a "Constitutionalist". I want to revert to our Founding Fathers' idea of government. We've strayed far, far from that. (Of course we're never going back to it, but that's my dream.)

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  6. Totally using the "neighbourhoods" quote for a presentation on social media and kids discussion one day

    ReplyDelete