Friday, August 9, 2024

Summer Thoughts



"I love to return to a summer place where nothing ever changes, except that the walk to the jetty used to be shorter and the shadows on the sand slimmer."


"The great thing about a positive attitude is that it creates its own ambience. It is its own scenic overlook, its own flowering meadow, its own walk on the beach."


"You cannot return to a time, but you can return to a place where you were once young and hopeful and recapture a frame of mind."


"The summer wind came blowin' in from across the sea
It lingered there to touch your hair and walk with me
All summer long, we sang a song
And then we strolled that golden sand…"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robert I was in my local supermarket a couple of months ago and 'A Summer 'Wind" started playing. It made me think of dancing with my dad so it made me smile but also made me a little sad as he's not around to dance with any more. I've been playing it a lot over thd summer and now it just makes me happy because it connects me with my dad so it made me smile to see that you'd included the lyrics in your post. Thanks for that and also for continuing to post your wise and witty words that always brighten my day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's what blogging is all about -- trying to make a few connections. So pleased.

    ReplyDelete