Thursday, March 14, 2024

3000 Books Sold! Thank you.

 On the one hand, 3000 books sold over ten years is not exactly best-seller territory.  On the other hand, I won't deny the satisfaction I felt upon the sale of my 3000th book yesterday.

My book sales have never been a torrent.  They are more a persistent trickle, one or two at a time, sometimes skipping a few days but seldom more than that.  So while 3000 copies over ten years doesn't blow your socks off, it does amount to 5 or 6 copies a week, every week, for ten years  -- and, that, let me tell you, can be quite an ongoing boost to one's self-esteem.

I am pleased, too, to know that my books have sold without promotion.  I have never made a public appearance on behalf of my books, never a signing or a reading, never a celebrity endorsement, never a cent paid for advertising.  All I've ever done is to offer my books on my blog and via my Twitter account. For the rest, it has been a case of folks noticing my quotes on the internet, Googling my name and finding their way to my Amazon book pages.

And so I thank all you book buyers out there for your support over these ten years.  You are indeed patrons of the arts and, as supporters of the hard-copy printed word, a bit of a dying breed, I'm afraid.  I thank you and cherish you.  You have made very happy a fellow named Bob in Connecticut.


2 comments:

  1. Proud to say I own each and every copy Robert. You have been a major inspiration in my life for almost a decade so I must thank you my dear friend. Also, one more book is coming right :) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, thanks so much. You've been a long-time friend on this interesting wave length we share. Dunno about another book. Spirit is willing, but my one good eye might seriously object to the strain. (smile)

    ReplyDelete